Friday, June 17, 2011

love costs everything

Though this first week of CIY has been amazing, I'd be lying if I said I wasn't ready for the weekend. I could definitely catch up on some sleep! I am really glad we got to work with CCV this week even if it were just little tasks. I am so happy to be apart of CIY this year. There is nothing better than seeing students make decisions to change their lives for Christ. Last night we watched a movie called "Love costs everything". It showed how Christians are being persecuted around the world for following Jesus Christ. It left a powerful message and challenge for all of us. I personally felt a lot of shame. There are people in this world who are being physically beaten and killed just for believing in God and here we are worried about what other people think of us. We are so caught up in ourselves that all we care about is our appearance, success, what others think of us, or how we can be better, Selfish. We are too afraid to even tell people about God because we are scared of what they'll think of us. We should be ashamed. We don't know who God is because we only want to know about ourselves. We don't know how to live our lives because we haven't read God's Word to know what He expects of us. We need to change that.
Today I got to work in the prayer room for a couple of hours. I had some good talks today with Rene Hoover, Sheree Diehl, and Ashley Morales. The final night session for the week was a very powerful one. We were all challenged to live our lives pointing people to God and not ourselves. Many students made decisions to change their lives. Again, I am so glad to be a part of all this! So glad I got to work with CCV this week and hang out with them. I also enjoy hanging out with the other camp teamers and doing all the tedious tasks with them. I ended my night by hanging out with some of the girls in the dorms. It's now time for some much needed sleep. Tomorrow's schedule: sleep in, eat lunch, community camp team hang out. So pumped!

No comments:

Post a Comment